Monday, 12 April 2010

Monday Maniacal Moobs

Sorry guys, little late on today's action plan and meeting notes compared to usual.

Today we showed Annie our semi-complete project and she seemed pretty pleased with what we had to show. Our main concern is becoming sound as we haven't got any yet, along with putting a nice ending animation/video to the whole thing, as missing this off would let down the high standard of everything else we've achieved.

Simon managed to sort out the candlesticks game and it looks like it's working a treat, along with the rest of the mini-games we've got implemented. Just finishing off the spoons game and the Quiz/Info NPC game then onto fine tuning. Anthony also emailed the dialogue for the Quiz/Info NPCs today.

We noticed a small issue with our current design. This is that, after completing a mini-game and collecting a piece of Tommy the Turtle, you're still able to redo the mini-game and see the collection of the turtle piece all over again, though I think Chris and Simon have already got that sorted during today's meeting.

We went through a list of things we're still missing or need to finish off, and out of these a couple of us felt the redesign of the speech bubbles/text boxes was a larger priority along with music and the finale/outro animation. The rest were things like the transition images, the comic book style transition to apply to the flash video and a second set of content images for a second interactive drawer. Others were things already in progress.

Anyway, not much else besides the ACTION PLAN:


Ben:
  • I think you're just about finished with NPC and Spoons work? If you've got plenty still to do just let me know please and I'll leap on some stuff if I've time.
  • Can you change the transitions on my original Flash cut-scene to have the comic book style transitions.
  • If you've time, anything you've produced or can produce on sound would be a great help.
Chris:
  • Still some more work on the implementation of mini-games and NPCs etc. for the final product. Just keep up the good work and keep us posted on the "repeating mini-games" issue we came across.
Simon:
  • Still a little left to do on the candlesticks mini-game if I remember correctly, and you were assisting Chris with the above task, so just keep going with that please.
  • Can you let me know what you need image-wise for the speech/text boxes please?
John:
  • Finishing the segment of intro animation depicting Timmeh (the hero) entering the museum.
  • Creating the final animated cut-scene of Tommy the Turtle completed and Timmeh dancing together (or whatever suggestions anyone has :/ )
  • Designing the speech bubbles/text boxes we want to replace the default Game Maker ones with.
  • I have some sound software, so if at all possible I'll be jumping on the sound bandwagon too, but I think I'll have to leave that till next meeting.
Anthony:
  • Can you show us what you have for sound please Anthony, the sooner the better.
Also MEETING: Friday this week. We want an extra meeting before Monday at this crucial stage. I vote Friday 11am. Can you guys please text me ASAP if you can't make that?

Lastly, I've obviously got more things on my to-do list above, so feel free to get in touch with me and get on with any of those, I'll do what I can in the mean time. Ben just give me a shout if you want :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.